“For my last recipe for Side Dish, I thought of the goodness of a nice piece of meat,” says Alberto Leandri, executive chef of Grissini in Englewood Cliffs. “This recipe is famous in Florence, but we use also it in Venice. It is very simple to make. All you need is a grill and great quality meat. In the restaurant I only use prime, 21-day dry-aged beef at least 1 and 3/4 inches thick.”
Do you like this story?
4 rib-eye steak
Salt and pepper
1) Pre-heat the grill on medium-high heat.
2) Season the steak with salt and pepper.
3) Set the meat on the hottest part of the grill and sear for just
2 minutes each side then move them on medium heat and cook on each side 6 to 8 minutes depending on thickness and desired temperature.
4) Check the temperature of the steak, inserting an instant-read food thermometer into the thickest part of the steak.
Rare = 120
Medium rare = 126
Medium = 135
Medium well = 145
Well done = 160
5) Remove the steak when it is done and let rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
What happens when we turn the cameras on a veteran TV reporter? Roxanne Evans tells all about her experience as NJM's August cover model. 4:41
Thank you for signing up!