There’s nothing like a day at the carnival. Kids on a roller coaster scream as their stomachs do a loop de loop. Families chow down on funnel cakes and hot dogs. At night, couples cruising on the Sky Ride have a front-row seat to the fireworks display. From June 20-July 7, experience 18 days of family fun at the land of amusements in the MetLife Stadium parking lot better known as State Fair Meadowlands.
Sights & Sounds
Hop on more than 150 rides and attractions and grab a bite from 50 food vendors. Enjoy free shows, live music, carnival games, prizes and fireworks.
- During the Jurassic Kingdom puppet show, audiences get to see and interact with life-like dinosaurs.
- The Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show promises an action-packed competition featuring log-rolling, wood-chopping, axe-throwing, and a chainsaw competition.
- For more than 20 years, Steve Bayner has hypnotized fairgoers. He’ll return this year to entrance more patrons.
- Go hog wild as you cheer on your favorite pig during Rosaire’s Royal Racers.
- On Wednesday, July 3 and Thursday, July 4 celebrate summer with fireworks that can be seen anywhere on the fairgrounds.
- Celebrate Batman’s 80th Anniversary by flying in the N3079G, the original Batcopter from the 1960s Batman TV series and movie.
- In 1986, the first Meadowlands Fair was a six-day event.
- Last year’s fair attendance was more than 400,000.
- Annually, there are more than 185,000 zeppoles, 50,000 corn dogs and 17,000 bags of cotton candy sold at the fair.
General admission is $12 and parking costs $5. Ride tickets are sold separately. Wednesday, June 26 is Kids Go Free Night. Gate admission is free for ages 12 and younger and parking is free. Monday, July 1 means Cheap, Cheap Night. Gate admission for all ages costs $5 and parking is free.
Check njfair.com for more bargain nights.Click here to leave a comment