Have you shopped at Amanti Vino, 30 Church Street, Montclair (973-509-9463)? It is the Safersteins’ favorite wine store because:
1. They hand select their products and offer 21st-century service with a touch of good, old-fashioned customer care.
2. Amanti Vino proprietor Sharon Sevrens and her staff have tasted all the wines, so we don’t have to sample the bad ones! We often say to the salesperson or Sharon “pick some wines that are $20 or under that you think we will like.” Many labels might not be familiar to us but we love trying new vintners and regions. Also, seventy five percent of the wine inventory retails for under $25 which fits right into our budget.
3. Almost all producers they showcase are sustainable growers who farm organically whenever possible.
4. Consumer education is important in that tasting notes are prepared for every bottle and are available online and in the shop, and can be e-mailed to customers directly from the register. The Amanti Vino 30-seat classroom also offers everything from two-evening to 16-week classes. Amanti Vino is the only Approved Provider in New Jersey for the prestigious UK-based Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET) classes. Additionally proprietor Sharon Sevrens partners with chefs, bakers and local food purveyors for educational and fun wine-tasting dinners and other experiences.
5. They deliver to the local train station or restaurant. Customers can call or place an order in advance for wine, beer, spirits or cheese and crackers to be met at designated stops by the Vino Van.
Please send press releases and restaurant news, including information on staff changes, wine tastings, and cooking classes, to [email protected].Click here to leave a comment