1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
1-3/4 tsp butter, room temperature
1-1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
zest of 1 orange
2 cup cranberries
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole milk
1/3 cup red currant jelly
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and orange zest in a medium bowl.
3) Melt 6 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Add 8 tbsp sugar and stir until it dissolves. Continue cooking this caramel until it reaches a bubbly boil.
4) Pour the caramel into the bottom of an 8×2-inch round cake pan. Scatter cranberries and pecans over the caramel and press down gently with the back of a spoon or spatula.
5) In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream 8 tbsp butter until soft.
6) Add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until creamy, about 3 minutes.
7) Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Add half the flour mixture and beat over low flame until just incorporated.
8) Add milk, then remaining flour mixture.
9) Spoon batter over cranberries and smooth with a spatula.
10) Bake 40-45 minutes.
11) Warm jelly until smooth, and glaze the warm cake with it. Let cool, and serve.Click here to leave a comment