Yield: 1 Loaf
2 cups, whole milk
1.5 cans (14 oz ea), condensed milk
1 cup sugar
2 whole large eggs
5 large egg yolks
½ tsp, vanilla extract
Caramel for molds
1. In a mixer, whisk eggs, then add milk, condensed milk, vanilla extract and mix well.
2. In a small pot, add just enough water to one cup of sugar to make it look like wet sand. Then heat the mixture until it melts and lightly caramelizes. Meanwhile, pour boiling water into a half hotel pan so it spreads across the pan to a depth of about half an inch (depending on the height of the pan edges).
3. Once the caramel is ready, pour into loaf pan, then add the flan mixture.
4. Cover with foil and bake 30 to 45 minutes at 350 F, or until just barely set.
5. Refrigerate until fully set. To serve, slice, then top each slice with whipped cream.