Two New Jersey chefs will be headlining a dinner that focuses on game on Monday, November 6 at the James Beard House in New York.
“Wild About Game” will be presented by Fossil Farms of Boonton and feature its chef, Ben Del Coro, and Robbie Felice of Viaggio Ristorante in Wayne. Garden State-based chef, Tim Schafer, a.k.a. “The Brew Chef,” now of Charlotte, NC, is also behind the stoves that night. Other chefs cooking at the game dinner are Chad Brauze, Bevy, NYC; Jason DeBriere, Tacombi Restaurant Group, NYC; and Antonio Prontelli, Rock Center Cafe and Summer Garden & Bar, NYC.
The special dinner at the headquarters of the James Beard Foundation, an organization dedicated to honoring and celebrating chefs and other food industry leaders, is a celebration of Fossil Farms’ 20th anniversary.
Here’s the menu for the night:
* Duck Confit-Porcini Mushroom Meatballs with Sour Cherry Glaze; Antelope Tartare with Foie Gras Torchon Snow; Elk-Berkshire Pork Terrine; and Lamb Merguez with Harissa, Mint Oil, and Curried Onions.
* Assorted game charcuterie, including Roaming Acres Farm Coppa, Kangaroo Lonza, Toscana Camel, Camel Sopressata, and Duck Prosciutto; Tamal Colado with Conejo Ahumado, Recado, and Pipián Verde; and Bison Carpaccio with Bourbon Togarashi, Sauce Gribiche, and Duck Fat Brioche, Emu Tartare–Stuffed Emu Egg with Emu Egg Emulsion
* Tacos de Lengua, with Bison Tongue Tacos with Salsa Macha and Escabèche
* Chestnut Agnolotti, with Braised Duck, Chanterelles, and Roasted Apple Jus
* Ostrich Fan Fillet, with Black Garlic–Sour Ale Gastrique, Mushroom-Ramp Bread Pudding, and Beer-Battered Shallots
* Saffron Malloreddus, with Wild Boar Norcino Ragù and Marcelli Formaggi Pecorino di Parco
* Goose à la Presse, with Winter Squash, Black Truffles, and Tarragon
* Venison Loin, with Horseradish Spaetzle, Brussels Sprout Leaves, and Apple Cider Foam
* S’Mores, with Chocolate Blood Pudding with Foie Gras Marshmallow and Hazelnut Graham Cracker
The cost of the dinner, which starts at 7 pm, is $160 for members of the James Beard Foundation and $210 for the public.
The Beard House is located at 167 West 12th Street in New York. For reservations and information call 212-627-2308 or visit jamesbeard.org.Click here to leave a comment