1 red bell pepper, diced small
1 bunch scallions, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 stick butter, melted
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
1 ¾ pounds cream cheese
1 cup Gruyere, coarsely grated (substitute good quality Swiss)
salt & pepper to taste
½ cup heavy cream
1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
1) In a small sauté pan, heat the oil, add the peppers, scallions and garlic. Cook over low heat until soft. Set aside to cool.
2) Place breadcrumbs in bottom of a spring-form pan. Add melted butter and mix well. Press mixture evenly, covering the entire bottom of the pan.
3) In a mixer (fitted with a paddle) mix the cream cheese on medium speed until soft, add eggs one at a time until all are incorporated.
4) While mixing on medium (until soft), add grated Gruyere, heavy cream, salt & pepper.
5) Add cooled peppers, scallions and garlic. Mix on high, periodically stopping to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Continue to mix until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
6) Add mixture to the spring-form pan. Using a fork, press the lumps of crabmeat into the batter, spacing evenly. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7) Let rest for about half an hour. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Remove the ring, cut into wedges and serve.
2 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1 tbs grain mustard
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup canola or grape seed oil
1) Combine all ingredients, except the oil, in a blender.
2) Blend on med speed.
3) While running, add the oil in a thin stream until it is incorporated.