The busiest restaurant day of the year is almost here and, chances are, treating Mom to brunch or dinner or something that toasts and touts her importance in your life is in the works.
Just to be clear: Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 13. If there’s a restaurant not setting the stage and table for it, well, that surely would be a story.
Meanwhile, here are some ideas for those who’ve yet to make reservations or any plans whatsoever.
For starters: The Garden State Wine Growers Association organizes four New Jersey Wine Trail Weekends each year, and one always coincides with Mother’s Day. This season’s is Saturday, May 12 and Sunday, May 13, and it embraces the more than 50 wineries in the Garden State. There are statewide trails to follow and suggested regional routes spotlighting a handful of wineries in a specific area. Many of the wineries have special activities that day—such as live music, classes in yoga, brunch or picnic options—that you can sign on to as well. For details, visit newjerseywines.com.
In the restaurants on Sunday, May 13:
* Blue Morel, 2 Whippany Road in Morristown, is offering a three-course menu from noon to 9 pm at $68 for adults and $34 for children under 12. To reserve, call 973-451-2619 or visit bluemorel.com.
* 100 Steps, 215 Centennial Avenue in Cranford, is serving brunch from 11 am to 3 pm at $47 per person and a fixed-price dinner from 4 to 7 pm at $59 per person. To reserve, call 908-276-0153 or visit 100stepsrawbar.com.
* North End American Grill, 206 Olde New Jersey Avenue in North Wildwood, is serving a la carte brunch from 10 am to 2 pm. To reserve, call 609-435-5691 or visit the restaurant on Facebook.
* Congress Hall, 200 Congress Place in Cape May, is offering brunch from 9 am to 2 pm at $42 for adults and $16 for children from 4 to 12. To reserve, call 609-884-6542 or visit caperesorts.com.
* Beach Plum Farm, 140 Stevens Street in West Cape May, is serving brunch with seatings at 10 am, 11 am, noon and 1 pm at $35 for adults and $15 for children 4 to 12. To reserve, call 609-602-0128 or visit beachplumfarmcapemay.com.
* Rusty Nail, 205 Beach Avenue in Cape May, is offering its annual special fried chicken dinner, which will be priced at $19.95 per person. To reserve, call 609-884-0017 or visit caperesorts.com.
* Anthony David’s, 935 Bloomfield Street in Hoboken, is serving brunch from 9 am to 3 pm at $24.95 per person. To reserve, call 201-222-8399 or visit anthonydavids.com.
And, mark your calendar:
* Just Jake’s Alex Abd is planning a pop-up dinner for Wednesday, June 13 starting at 7 pm at the restaurant at 30 Park Street in Montclair. Call 973-655-8987 for updates or stay tuned right here; we’ll let you know the details soon as we have them.Click here to leave a comment