1 9-inch square pan
2 cups heavy cream
2 eggs separated into yolks and whites
3/4 cup sugar
8 oz mascarpone
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coffee liqueur
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Amaretto
3 cups brewed coffee
store-bought lady fingers as needed
1. Combine the coffee, 1/4 cup coffee liqueur, 1/4 cup Amaretto and 1/4 cup sugar and chill until later.
2. Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whip egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy and pale.
4. Add mascarpone and combine everything.
5. Add remaining coffee liqueur and Amaretto.
6. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form.
7. Fold the egg yolk mixture into the whipped cream mixture until combined. Then fold in egg whites until combined.
8. Assemble by dipping lady fingers into coffee mixture, soaking briefly, then laying them flat in the square pan. Cover with half the cream mixture and repeat.
9. Dust with cocoa powder and serve.