For the Pasta Dough:
1 lb OO Flour
4 whole eggs (large)
1 egg yolk (large)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 small pinches kosher salt
For the Broth:
1.5 quarts chicken stock
1 tb tomato paste
½ cup soy sauce
1 cup dried porcini mushrooms
8 sprigs thyme
For the tortelloni filling:
1 lb chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
1 cup grated parmesan
1 tsp grated nutmeg
¼ cup diced, sautéed pancetta
2 cups ricotta
kosher salt + freshly cracked black pepper
½ cup white wine
¼ cup olive oil
1 egg (large, beaten)
For the Pasta:
1) Measure out all ingredients and place in a food processor.
2) Run machine until all ingredients form a ball.
3) Lightly flour work surface and knead pasta dough by hand for approximately 5 minutes.
4) Wrap dough in plastic (press into a disc shape) and let rest 30 minutes at room temperature before rolling and shaping.
For the Filling:
1) In a 12”-14” sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2) Cut chicken thighs into 1” pieces, sauté, stirring constantly until golden brown.
3) Add white wine, cover and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat.
4) Remove from heat, add chicken and wine to food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
5) Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add grated parmesan, nutmeg, egg, ricotta, pancetta, and salt and pepper to taste.
6) Cover and let rest in refrigerator 1 hour.
For the Broth:
1) Bring all ingredients to a boil, reduce flame and simmer about 1 hour or until reduced in volume by half.
2) Roll out pasta dough to thinnest setting on pasta machine, then cut into 2” squares.
3) Place one teaspoon of chicken filling in center of each square.
4) Bring two opposite corners together to form a triangle, pressing edges firmly together to seal.
5) Bring the ends of the triangle together in a ring shape, and join with firm pressure to form tortelloni shape.
6) Continue and repeat until all filling is used.
7) Blanche completed tortelloni in salted, boiling water 6-8 minutes until cooked al dente and filling is heated through.
8) Serve 3-4 tortelloni per person in a ladleful of the hot broth. Top with shaved parmesan.