VOTING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND IS NOW CLOSED. THE ULTIMATE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED TUESDAY, DECEMBER 29.
And now, the end is near, and so we face the final curtain. We’ve reached the Championship Round of the Sinatra Song Showdown, presented by Hudson Whiskey.
This affair is still going well for “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” and “My Way.” Both songs won their respective rounds to advance to the finals.
How did we select the competing tunes? We looked at several online rankings of Sinatra songs to compile our original list of 16. Our selections were divided into two eras–pre- and post-1960–and ranked from 1 to 8 for each era based on the online lists. On each side of the bracket, we paired the highest ranking song with the lowest: 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7 and so on.
In Round 3, in the Pre-1960 era, “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” a 1936 song written by Cole Porter, outlasted “Young at Heart.” Among the Post-1960 songs, “My Way,” with lyrics by Paul Anka, stated it’s case by defeating “The Way You Look Tonight.”
“Young at Heart” and “The Way You Look Tonight” were eliminated.
“I’ve Got You Under My Skin” and “My Way” will square off in this, the final round of the Sinatra Song Showdown. The ultimate winner will be announced on December 29.
What tune will take home the crown and be named the Sinatra Song Showdown winner? You can help decide. Vote today!
Be sure to check back next week to learn the ultimate winner. Also, you can choose to enter your email below for a chance to win a drawing for The Ultimate Sinatra Centennial Collection, a four-CD set released in June 2015 by Capitol Records.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
• Competition will be active from December 1, 2015 at 5:0 a.m. EST through December 28, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
• Winner will be randomly selected and contacted via email after 12/31/15.
• Odds of winning will depend upon total number of entries submitted.
• Open only to U.S. residents 18 years of age or older. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
• The Ultimate Sinatra Centennial Collection will be awarded by New Jersey Monthly. New Jersey Monthly is the host and administrator of this competition and is not affiliated with the Frank Sinatra estate or Capitol Records. All rights reserved.
• Additional terms and conditions apply. Click here for more details.
Thank you for participating and good luck!
Copyright 2015 New Jersey MonthlyClick here to leave a comment