Fifteen famous New Jerseyans will be honored May 2 during the annual New Jersey Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center. That brings to 43 the number of Garden State greats who have been cited by the Hall for their contributions to society.
Names of Fame
1. Which Jersey Shore native and new member of the New Jersey Hall of Fame now stars in a television series based in Philadelphia?
2. Which famed poet served as a volunteer nurse in Washington, D.C., during the
3. Which Jersey musician’s first recorded song was titled “R2-D2 We Wish You a Merry Christmas” and appeared on a Star Wars-themed Christmas album?
4. Who is the only NJ Hall of Fame member to have coached a NFL Super Bowl Champion team?
5. Who is the only member of the NJ Hall of Fame to win the Nobel Prize in Literature?
6. Which noted scientist and inventor was named “Man of the Millennium” by Time magazine?
Match the actors and authors with the characters they created:
1. Bud Abbott A. George Hanson
2. F. Scott Fitzgerald B. Janet Weiss
3. Jerry Lewis C. Slicker Smith
4. Jack Nicholson D. Dick Diver
5. Shaquille O’Neal E. Karen Blixen
6. Paul Robeson F. Nathan Zuckerman
7. Philip Roth G. Angelo Maggio
8. Susan Sarandon H. Kazaam
9. Frank Sinatra I. Professor Julius Kelp
10. Meryl Streep J. Brutus Jones
Who Said It?
Match the quote with the names at bottom.
1. I knew being accepted was going to be hard, but I knew I was involved in a situation that was going to bring opportunities to other blacks. ___
2. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. ___
3. I would rather belong to a poor nation that was free than to a rich nation that had ceased to be in love with liberty. ___
4. There will never be a new world order until women are a part of it.___
5. If you play a tune and a person don’t tap their feet, don’t play the tune. ___
6. It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.___
7. In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.___
8. I’m well and strong and young—young enough to go to the front. If I can’t be a soldier, I’ll help soldiers.___
9. Success makes life easier. It doesn’t make living easier.___
10. If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.___
A. Clara Barton
B. Yogi Berra
C. Larry Doby
D. Albert Einstein
E. Alice Paul
F. Count Basie
G. Carl Sagan
H. Norman Schwarzkopf
I. Bruce Springsteen
J. Woodrow Wilson
For the complete Hall of Fame roster, visit njhalloffame.com.Click here to leave a comment