VOTING IS CLOSED. THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED TUESDAY, JUNE 21 AT NOON.
The Ocean City juggernaut is still on the move. As we enter the final round of the Shore Town Showdown, presented by PalaCasino.com, the South Jersey destination continues to dominate the competition.
Last week, in Round 3 of the competition, Ocean City garnered 43.4 percent of the vote. At a distant second was Cape May with 14.6 percent, pulling ahead of the Wildwoods, which dropped to third place, at 7.2 percent. Asbury Park and Point Pleasant Beach rounded out the top five with 4.5 and 4.2 percent of the vote, respectively.
As in past rounds, we dropped the 10 towns with the fewest votes: Sandy Hook, Long Branch, Bradley Beach, Avon-by-the-Sea, Spring Lake, Belmar, Manasquan, Lavallette, Barnegat Light and Avalon. That leaves 10 contenders for this week’s Championship Round.
Who will be named the ultimate winner and the best beach on the Jersey Shore? Vote in the Championship Round today!
The beaches are listed below, from north to south. In this round, you can vote for up to three favorite beaches. The ultimate winner will be announced on this site on June 21.
Enter to win
When you vote for your favorite Jersey shore town, you can enter for a chance to win a Summer Fun prize with:
- Two 2016 (season) beach tags to the beach of choice or dinner for two at a top Jersey shore restaurant
- Plus, a one-year subscription to New Jersey Monthly magazine
- To enter, vote for at least one beach town and provide your email address.
- Votes must be received before noon on June 20, 2016.
- The winner will be chosen at random and notified by June 24, 2016.
- Not open to employees of New Jersey Monthly or New Jersey Bride.
- Void where prohibited, no purchase necessary.
- Sweepstakes is open to residents of NJ who are over the age of 18.
- New Jersey Monthly is not responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
- The winner will receive two beach passes to the beach of their choice, or dinner for two at a mutually agreed upon Jersey Shore restaurant, plus a one-year subscription to New Jersey Monthly.
- The winner agrees to be featured on New Jersey Monthly’s social media pages.