The most important tip when coat shopping is to find a style that flatters your figure. Ask yourself if you want an ultra-tailored look or would prefer to leave room for multiple layers. Belted and tie-waist designs are often your best bets. And remember: You can always have a tailor make alterations.
Here are five of my favorite styles:
- A cuddly teddy-bear coat will keep you cozy all day long.
- Puffer coats with fleece-lined hoods are a foolproof way to keep the cold out.
- Wool-blend coats accented with vegan-leather sleeves are on trend.
- A white parka with a fur-trimmed hood is chic and warm.
- For ultimate elegance, try a long, neutral-colored wrap coat.