This is the time of year when working out gets harder to fit into my schedule. Plus, delicious holiday food is everywhere. Thank goodness for Instagram fitness challenges with Krystal of @fit.like.krys, which make it simple to stay toned! These workouts usually span 14–21 days and are a seriously quick way (I’m talking under five minutes) to see results fast. Participating is like having a personal trainer in your pocket; Krystal will keep you focused and pumped. I highly recommend giving her current challenge, “12 Days of Krys-mas”—and her classes at Ride + Reflect—a try.
Here are Krystal’s top five tips to staying on a healthy track this holiday season.
1. Sweat. Build workouts into your schedule—physical activity promotes other healthier choices. Short on time? Set your timer for five minutes. Do sets of ten jumping jacks, push-ups, jump squats and sit-ups on repeat until the buzzer rings.
2. Close the kitchen. Stop eating at a set time—for example, 7 pm on weekdays and 9 pm on weekends.
3. Phone a friend. Stop the urge to snack. Call a friend and talk about something fun.
4. Water it down. Limit your liquids to water, tea and coffee. (You’ll get plenty of sugar via food this holiday season.) Rule of thumb: Drink half of your body weight in ounces each day.
5. Pick and choose. The holiday season means ample alcohol, bread, cheese, dessert, fried food. Instead of sampling a little of each, pick one or two kinds of treats to enjoy—and just say no to the rest.Click here to leave a comment