My good friend Nadia Murdock is a nationally recognized fitness coach, author and on-air exercise expert. She is living proof that her own “strong mind, strong body” method works. Nadia teaches barre, a hybrid workout combining ballet-inspired moves with elements of Pilates, dance, yoga and strength training. It targets all the muscles in your body, specifically your glutes, legs, hips, shoulders and core. Classes often appear easy, but trust me—when you’re on the 100th rep, the burn sets in. It’s all worth it, though, for the lean, toned body you’ll achieve. I asked Nadia for the top five benefits of taking her barre classes. Here’s what she said:
- It’s a great full-body workout.
- It connects the mind and body, creating a better sense of body awareness.
- It helps improve posture over time.
- It fosters a sense of community.
- It’s fun! Sure, it’s challenging—but there are always lots of smiles and giggles during the classes.