Ask any tall chick and she’ll tell you: Finding clothing that fits well involves more than simply adding extra inches to a hem or shirt sleeve. Dressing well requires every item to be crafted with a tall figure in mind.
Long Tall Sally designs and fits each item on a tall model to ensure that everything fits properly and proportionally. That means pocket placement, tapered waists, inseam and rise length and more. The experts at LTS tell me that tall fit is at the forefront of every piece of their clothing so that taller women can feel comfortable, confident and stylish.
Over the years, petites and plus-sizes have found their niches, but the women’s tall market has largely been ignored, until now. With style icons like Karlie Kloss (6’2”) and Gigi Hadid (5’10”) in the public eye, as are Olympic stars such as Kerri Walsh Jennings, Missy Franklin (both 6’2”) and Katie Ledecky (6’0”), more and more stately women are demanding fashion options.
If you’re a statuesque 5’8″ or taller, with a shoe size of 10-15, Long Tall Sally is worth checking out. They also design jeans for 34″ to 38″ inseams. Imagine…maxi skirts that actually touch the floor, dresses that aren’t too short and jumpsuits for women with longer torsos.
Here are 5 top tips for mastering fall fashion trends when you’re tall, courtesy of Carol Lewis, 5’10”, Senior Designer at Long Tall Sally:
- There’s nothing worse than having trousers swinging around your ankles, drawing attention to the fact that the pants don’t fit! Never wear a garment that doesn’t fit your body correctly. Not only will it make you feel awkward, but there’s a good chance you’ll look awkward. The real key is to make sure that your clothing fits well.
- Long legs are designed for this season’s wide-leg trousers and being tall means you can carry them off; they won’t overwhelm you.
- Most tall women carry their height in one of two ways, either in the torso or legs; if you are longer in the torso, style with a belt around the waist or try a pair of high-waisted pants to give definition to a longer frame.
- When you’re tall, you can carry off large prints and statement or oversized jewelry and bags, so make the most of it and style it up!
- One of the biggest style misconceptions is that tall girls shouldn’t wear heels. If you’re tall, you’re going to stand out anyway, so you might as well embrace it and have fun.