Dare to step out of your neutral color comfort zone this fall. We asked New Jersey makeup expert Debbi Stewart, owner of Debbi Stewart Cosmetics (27 Central Ave., Caldwell) for the latest, and she delivered:
1. Have fun experimenting with new seasonal looks to enhance your natural beauty.
2. The mauve/brown lip palette is especially complementary to women of color. In lighter shades, it can be worn by women with fair skin as well.
3. Rich coppers and burnt-orange lips are making a comeback, especially when worn with auburn lip liner.
4. Berry shades are on trend, but beware. If you have a beautiful, natural lip that’s not plumped up, going too dark could make your lips appear thin. In that case, try a bit of frosted berry to create the illusion of a fuller lip.
5. Nude lip color mixed with a bit of mauve, soft pink or a hint of brown looks great on almost anyone.
6. A dark, smoky eye is hot for fall, but keep it subtle and let the real you show through.
7. A new look is pumpkin on the lid, or try golden, frost eye shadow with a khaki eyeliner, or soft gray on the lid with dark navy liner.
[RELATED: How to Show Your Locks Some Love This Fall]Click here to leave a comment