It’s time to entertain! Kate Spade’s fresh new tablescape looks caught my eye because they are so pretty and practical. The playful patterns and can’t-miss palette of green, yellow, red and black is super versatile and perfect for so many types of parties year-round.
Set your table with these adorable pieces right now for a casual, summery statement. Or give them the royal treatment by layering with your favorite table linens for a more formal dinner party during the holidays. Dress them up, dress them down. Remember, the most interesting tablescapes are created by mixing color and pattern, not by formulaic matching.
Here are some helpful entertaining tips from our friends at kate spade new york:
1. Turn a traditional table setting on its head by mixing and matching motifs and shapes for a fun vibe. To maintain a cohesive look, make sure colors complement rather than combat each other.
2. For more formal sit downs, skip plain-Jane place cards and frame guests’ names (or nicknames) on handwritten card stock. Not only will this surprise and delight, but the stylish picture frame will also be a thoughtful take-home treat after dinner.
3. Especially during the holidays, invite guests to express their thoughts—about your relationship, the meal or anything—in a special memory book. Start the sentimental sharing with a note of your own and then pass it around the table before dessert.
4. While camera phones do snap stellar shots, devices at dinner are a no, no. Instead, place a beautiful bowl in the center of the table and fill it with disposable cameras to ensure that no moment is missed.
5. Even the simplest dinner parties deserve a nod to proper table settings. Don’t bother with the formality of lots of extra forks and glasses … this simple version (below) will impress even your most finicky guests.
Click here to leave a comment