1) GIRL ON THE GO Mom’s busy schedule demands a trusty timepiece. These Timex watches, updated in cheerful springtime colors, range from $35 to $85 and are available at select Target and Kohl’s stores.
2) MAD FAD Inspired by the ’60s vibe of the Mad Men television series, Estée Lauder’s new collection includes a rich lipstick, translucent blush and nail lacquer, all in innocent pink; $104 at Bloomingdale’s and esteelauder.com.
3) TRUE BLUE This 10-speed KitchenAid Artisan mixer is too pretty to hide in the pantry. We love it in aqua sky; other hues available. $349.95 at Crate & Barrel stores and crateandbarrel.com.
4) SLEEP TIGHT If you can’t send Mom to Paris, treat her to French-inspired Eiffel Tower PJs in luxe cotton. Ooh la la! $140 at Leisure & Lace in Linwood (609-927-5572) and bedheadpjs.com.
5) EASY WRITER Whether she composes household grocery lists or poignant memoirs, this pop-art roller-ball pen makes writing fun. Refill included; $73 at Paradise Pen in Short Hills (973-258-9499) and designmafia.com.
Let Her Eat Cake
There’ll be no cooking for the family matriarch on Sunday, May 12! Instead, throw Mom a brunch or tea party at home. Make it festive with these pretty cakestands from Giftquest in Teaneck (giftquestnj.com). Or take her to an authentic tea room: Teaberry’s Tea Room, Flemington (908-788-1010); High Societea House, Wayne (973-696-8327) or New Leaf Tea Room, Riverton (856-786-0323). For more statewide listings, visit teamap.com.