For our September issue, I had the pleasure of interviewing Daphne Oz (daughter of Dr. Mehmet Oz and Lisa Oz), who shared common-sense techniques for resisting the urge to splurge. ("At a party, don’t hover over the snack table.")
A rising star who appears weekdays on ABC’s "Chew This" series, Daphne grew up in Cliffside Park, graduated from Princeton in 2008, and quickly began establishing herself as a healthy-lifestyle guru.
Some of her other weight-management tips include:
1. Don’t eat empty calories when you’re bored.
2. Don’t snack on cookies, chips and pizza at bedtime.
3. You don’t necessarily have to join a gym if you eat right and walk, bike and take the stairs.
4. Don’t gobble your food. Once you start eating, it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to begin feeling full.
5. Do not eat as an emotional crutch. Food is fuel.
Go ahead…share these tips with a friend. Or read the entire article.
Daphne told me that she has another project hitting bookstores early in the new year, but she hasn’t decided on the title yet. She promises to give me an update soon, and I will share it with you.
If you have tried-and-true dieting tips, please send them to me!Click here to leave a comment