Till: A New Musical
by Leo Schwartz and DC Cathro
directed by Cezar Williams
We are thrilled to announce our first production of the new 2019-2020 season will be Till, a powerful new musical by Leo Schwartz and DC Cathro, which will run February 27 – March 8, 2020. This stirring and powerful new musical is about Emmett Till, whose murder in 1955 helped ignite the civil rights movement.
Schedule of performances:
- Feb. 27th & 28th at 7:00 pm (Previews)
- Feb. 29th, March 5th, 6th & 7th at 7:00 pm (March 5th performance will be followed by a talk-back with Rev. Wheeler Parker, Jr., Emmett’s cousin and the last living witness to these events)
- March 1st & 8th at 1:00 pm (March 1 performance followed by a talk-back with show director and writers)
- Sunday, March 1st: audience is invited to stay for a talk-back with the writers and director of Till following the performance.
- Thursday, March 5th: audience is invited to a not-to-be-missed talk-back with special guest Rev. Wheeler Parker, Jr. Rev. Parker is Emmett’s cousin who was with him during that fateful visit to Mississippi, and is the last living witness to these events.
Since part of the story takes place in a church, we will be staging the play in South Orange’s own St. Andrew’s Church!
Till promises to be an immersive theater experience unlike any we’ve presented before, and one that we know you will enjoy.