Piattino: A Neighborhood Bistro, one of New Jersey’s most celebrated restaurants, serving up modern twists to traditional Italian fare, has announced it will be hosting a Homemade House-Cured Prosciutto Dinner at its Summit location on Thursday, September 20 at 7:00 PM.
Piattino opened its second location in Summit, New Jersey at the end of 2016, and began curing its homemade prosciutto before its doors even opened to the public. Now, the house-cured prosciutto is finally ready for consumption, and the restaurant is celebrating by hosting a full prosciutto-themed dinner, complete with wine pairings.
Guests are invited to enjoy four courses of Italian cuisine created specifically for the tasting event and featuring Piattino’s special house cured prosciutto, each paired with a wine to complement each dish.
The full five-course menu includes:
• Prosciutto Carpaccio – grilled peaches, goat cheese, pistachios, lemon olive oil and smoked salt
• Hand Rolled Garganelli – homemade pasta served with prosciutto broth, trumpet mushrooms, parmesan and black pepper
Pairing: Tenuta San Guido Guidalberto
• Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops – sunchoke puree, brown butter, almonds, lollipop kale
Pairing: Terlato Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio
• Berkshire Porchetta – prosciutto stuffed and roasted whole, truffle polenta, charred broccolini, golden raisin jus
Pairing: Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Riserva La Forra 2013
• Peach Crostata – candied prosciutto, blood orange jam, whipped cream
Pairing: Vin Santo del Chianti Classico 2009