The Edgewater spa reopened earlier this month with a new online reservation system for daily admission and protocols to ensure a safe and rejuvenating spa day.
Face coverings are required for all areas of the spa except when you’re in the water or actively eating. All pools and baths are currently open and massage services are offered. Saunas are currently closed.
We are currently offering acupressure therapy (starting August 4) and massage services (starting August 13) only. All other treatments will be available in the future. Please read our full COVID-19 FAQ before booking your treatment so that you are fully prepared for your spa day. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
SoJo Spa Club offers an unparalleled wellness experience with over 140,000 square feet of pools, specialty baths, saunas, treatment rooms, lounging and dining areas 365 days a year. Our expansive state-of-the-art facility has been thoughtfully designed as a fully immersive holistic health experience. Rooted in the Korean culture, we are a barefoot facility. Guests may only wear clean socks, or purchase them on arrival, inside the Spa. Sandals and flip flops can be worn outside on the pool decks.
Are there any changes to operating hours or capacity in light of the current COVID-19 situation?
Our operating hours have been temporarily reduced to 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM daily. We will still be open during these hours during any major holidays. Capacity has also been reduced to 25% or less. The new online reservation system for admission will allow us to regulate how many guests are entering SoJo Spa Club throughout the day. All open amenities will have clearly stated and enforced capacity and social distancing restrictions.
I want to have a SoJo Spa Day. Do I need a reservation?
We strongly recommend utilizing our brand new online reservation system so that you can decrease potential waiting time or being turned away when our spa is at our new capacity levels. You will be able to prepay your admission with a credit card or existing SoJo Spa Club gift card or 10-pack and select the date and time you are planning to come.
For example, when you select a time slot of 10 AM to 11 AM, you should be checking in any time between 10 AM and 11 AM. There are no time limits on how long you can stay once you check in. If you arrive past your designated time, you will be admitted only if there is walk-in availability.
What will be available after you reopen on 8/4?
The following amenities and treatments will be available once we reopen on August 4:
- All pools and baths, including the baths within the Men’s and Women’s Bath Houses
- Showers in the Bath Houses
- Limited Food Hall and Outdoor Grill menu with outdoor seating for dining
- Coworking Space
- Ganbanyoku Stone Beds on the 5th floor
- Acupressure therapy services – reservations are required (this is separate from reserving your admission) and can be booked online or by phone. Please call us at 833 SOJO SPA (833-765-6772). Available hours are between 11 AM to 8 PM.
- Massage services – reservations are required (this is separate from reserving your admission) and can be booked online or by phone. Please call us at 833 SOJO SPA (833-765-6772). Available hours will be between 10 AM to 7 PM.
All open amenities and treatments will be reopening with reduced capacity to 25% or less and spacing to allow for social distancing. All available products, food & beverage, and treatments are additional costs.
What is still closed at SoJo Spa Club?
- All saunas, steam rooms, and therapy rooms, including the steam room and saunas in the Bath Houses
- Indoor Dining
- Fitness Center and Yoga Classes
- Volcanic Sand Bath
- Korean Body Scrubs
- Body Wraps
- Shuttle service to NYC
What do I need to bring for my spa day at SoJo Spa Club?
- Face covering (must be worn everywhere other than in pools/baths or while actively eating)
- Your own towels (complimentary towel service has been temporarily suspended)
- Clean, rubber-soled sandals/flip flops for locker rooms and bath houses ONLY – cannot be the shoes you wore to enter
- Valid government issued photo ID
Swimsuits are available for purchase in the Locker Rooms. Towels will be available for rental for a fee.
Please be prepared to undergo a temperature screening in the lobby. This is mandatory for entry. Guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees fahrenheit or above will not be permitted. Guests will also be asked if they have traveled to any high-risk areas in the past two weeks or if they live with or have themselves experienced any symptoms of COVID-19. An answer of yes to either question will result in you not being permitted in the spa.
What precautions are in place for available spa services?
In addition to therapists wearing masks throughout a treatment, they will also be wearing gloves throughout the service and wash their hands before and after each treatment. During the consultation, you will be asked if you would prefer to wear a mask the entire time or only when you are face up. Face covering while you are face up is required. You may choose to wear your mask or have a clean towel placed over your face.
As always, clean and sanitized linens are used for every guest. The room is sanitized between uses and the rooms are rotated accordingly to allow for ample time between use.
How are you maintaining a safe environment for guests and staff?
- Increasing the cleaning and disinfecting protocols of every commonly used surface, including handrails, sinks, counters, credit card machines, elevator buttons.
- Updated HVAC System with ion protection, eliminating harmful viruses coming from the Air Vents (applicable to both AC and Heat)
- Additional hand sanitizing stations on each floor and in common areas.
- Closing of multi-use cell phone lockers.
- Locker assignments will be spaced out so that no locker is used more than once per every 24-48 hours and will undergo deep cleaning between uses
- Reduced tables and chairs in the outside eating area, and we will be thoroughly cleaning each table and chair after each guest use
- Lounge chairs both indoors and outdoors will be placed at least 6 feet apart and cleaned multiple times during the day
- Robes and rented towels are laundered at the highest possible setting after each use and are delivered to locker rooms wraps and in covered bins to ensure no cross contamination
- COVID-19-specific staff training and required PPE for all staff
What will social distancing look like inside the spa?
While much of our facility is an open concept, we will be enforcing social distance wherever possible. Our Courtesy Department will be stationed throughout the building to ensure guests adhere to the policies below.
- Implementing a 6 ft social distance rule for all common areas. These will be clearly marked on the ground, as well as, with additional signage
- Elevators will operate at a reduced capacity, with a limit of 4 people per elevator ride
- Stairwells will be divided by a barrier and be clearly marked for directional traffic.
- SoJo will limit the number of people in any of the pools, baths, saunas or lounges
- Tables will be eliminated and areas will be marked off to help spread our guests out throughout the building.
- The Hydrotherapy pool will also have certain areas blocked off and will add vinyl stickers as a visual clue for guests to comply with the 6 ft rule
- All other pools and baths will also have the vinyl stickers for guests
- Plexiglass barriers will be put up to separate agents from guests in the lobby, check out area, locker rooms, and food hall.