The nonprofit Count Basie Center for the Arts presents two more drive-in concert events on Wednesday, July 29 with ALMOST QUEEN and Thursday, July 30 with comedian ILIZA SHLESINGER’s ‘The Forever Tour’, live onstage at Monmouth Park, Oceanport.
Tickets for both ALMOST QUEEN ($110 per vehicle, $250 / $199 gold circle) and ILIZA ($135 per vehicle, $199 / $250 gold circle) go on sale this Thursday, July 2 at 10am exclusively via Ticketmaster.com. Only touchless, mobile tickets administered through the Ticketmaster app (iOS | Android) will be valid for these performances.
A maximum of four (4) occupants will be permitted per vehicle.
Described as “the most authentic QUEEN live show since the days of QUEEN themselves,” ALMOST QUEEN is a deliberate, four-piece band that delivers a live performance showcasing four-part harmonies and intricate musical interludes. Donning genuine costumes, ALMOST QUEEN recaptures the live energy and precision that is the ultimate Queen experience. ALMOST QUEEN regularly sells out area venues, including Starland Ballroom and the Stone Pony Summer Stage.
ILIZA is one of today’s leading comedians with a fan base who show their loyalty by creating their own Iliza inspired swag to wear to her shows. Her 5th Netflix stand up special UnVeiled premiered in November 2019 and delves into her journey of getting married. Her past specials include War Paint, Freezing Hot, and Confirmed Kills. Her previous Netflix special, 2018’s Elder Millennial, is the subject of Iliza Shlesinger: Over & Over, her “fan-u-mentary” which is currently streaming and gives fans an inside look into what goes into the making of one of her specials.
“The New Jersey Arts and Culture Recovery Fund hosted by the Princeton Area Community Foundation was established to ensure the survival and strength of the state’s arts and cultural sector during and after the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Jeremy Grunin, Fund Coalition Member. “We are grateful to the Count Basie Center for the Arts’ willingness to look beyond their four walls and to be thoughtful of the future of arts and culture throughout the state.”
Social distancing measures will operate in accordance with New Jersey guidelines:
• Vehicles will be spaced approximately 9’ apart. Windows may remain open at this distance.
• Cars will park in a staggered fashion to achieve spacing and best visibility.
• Patrons must remain inside their vehicle cabins.
• Patrons may only leave their vehicles only to use restrooms, and will be required to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
• Portable, single-stall restrooms will be cleaned between patrons.
Additional information for these first-of-a-kind concert experiences:
• Passenger vehicles only. No motorcycles, buses, party buses, limousines, bicycles, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
• All tickets are general admission and spots cannot be reserved.
• Events are rain or shine.
• Concert will take place in the Grandstand General Parking Lot. Cars must enter via Port-au-Peck Avenue. Specific directions below.
• Concessions information forthcoming. Alcohol will not be served.
• Absolutely no tailgating or out-of-vehicle gatherings.
• Attendees will be able to hear the concerts via FM radio. Details day of show.
• Cars with more than four occupants will be turned away without refund.
• Vehicles are subject to search upon entry.
• No pets allowed.
Drive-In Live at Monmouth Park is produced by The Basie Presents and presented by World Subaru and Bank of America, with support from Horizon Foundation for New Jersey, Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders, Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Saker ShopRites. Events benefit the Count Basie Center for the Arts, with a portion of proceeds to the New Jersey Arts and Culture Recovery Fund. Earlier this month, Drive-In Live concerts with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes and comedian Jim Gaffigan were announced to tremendous fanfare and promptly sold out.
State guidance on social distancing, public gatherings and certain procedures and practices is subject to change. The Basie Presents will keep customers informed of changes as they pertain to these events at thebasie.org/drivein and Monmouthpark.com.
Take GSP Exit 105 to 36 East. Continue past Monmouth Mall, Best Buy and Bed Bath and Beyond on your right. After the ALDI supermarket, cross the next intersection and take the jughandle for 537 West / Monmouth Park Raceway Grandstand. Cross the highway and take 537 West (Eatontown Boulevard) past Wolf Hill Recreation Area to Port au Peck Avenue. Turn right. The Port Au Peck entrance to Monmouth Park will be on your right.