This weekend’s lineup at the former Bow Tie Cinemas Red Bank includes Fences, Blithe Spirit, The Father and Amistad.
A working-class African-American father tries to raise his family in the 1950s, while coming to terms with the events of his life. $12.50
Best-selling crime novelist Charles (Dan Stevens) suffers from terrible writer’s block and is struggling to finish his first screenplay. His picture-perfect new wife Ruth (Isla Fisher) is doing her best to keep him focused so they can fulfill her dream of leaving London for Hollywood. Charles’ quest for inspiration leads him to invite the eccentric mystic Madame Acarti (Judi Dench) to perform a séance in his home. He gets more than he bargained for when Madame Acarti inadvertently summons the spirit of his first wife: the brilliant and fiery Elvira (Leslie Mann). Ready to pick up her life right where she left off, Elvira is shocked to discover the prim and proper Ruth is now married to her husband and running her household. Charles finds himself stuck between his two wives and their increasingly over-the-top attempts to outdo one another in this lethally hilarious comedy. $12.50
Anthony is 80, mischievous, living defiantly alone and rejecting the carers that his daughter, Anne, encouragingly introduces. Yet help is also becoming a necessity for Anne; she can’t make daily visits anymore and Anthony’s grip on reality is unravelling. As we experience the ebb and flow of his memory, how much of his own identity and past can Anthony cling to? How does Anne cope as she grieves the loss of her father, while he still lives and breathes before her? $12.50
In 1839, the revolt of Mende captives aboard a Spanish owned ship causes a major controversy in the United States when the ship is captured off the coast of Long Island. The courts must decide whether the Mende are slaves or legally free. $12.50
- The facility’s two theaters will hold 51 or 33 people, respectively.
- Patrons will be required to wear a mask at all times, except when eating or drinking.
- Seats are situated in sets of 2 and 4, with at least 6’ of space surrounding seats in all directions. Single seats are also available.
- The lobby will be retrofitted to facilitate low-contact ticketing and concessions
- Theaters will be disinfected between showings.
- Restroom occupancy will be limited to one patron at a time.
- For more information, call 732-747-0335.