I’m so excited to share my experience from Milan Fashion Week. I attended with my good friend Oriana Lamarca, and it was a whirlwind. (If you follow me on Instagram, you got a sneak peek!) From shows and presentations to dinners and afterparties, our days and nights were full. We saw a few presentations from brands I work with in New York, including Paciotti and AGL Shoes. And the fashion in the streets was almost as good as what came down the catwalks—I wanted to take photos of every outfit I saw.
The shows feature fashions for this fall, so I’ve rounded up seven trends to anticipate:
1. Start stocking up on colorful blazers now. You can find similar styles via stores like Zara and Topshop.
2. Expect head-to-toe monochromatic ensembles—especially bold, brightly colored suits. I love this version from ASOS.
3. Loose pants tucked into knee-high boots will be big.
4. Get ready for lots of statement sleeves (à la Fendi).
5. Think oversized everything, from bags to socks to Dolce & Gabbana–inspired knitwear.
6. Pull inspiration from Gucci’s Moulin Rouge!–esque outfits. If you’re feeling equally bold, try a lace-tiered skirt or a soft, floral layer dress with a leather corset.
7. Square-toe shoes with embellished ankle straps, like these by Paciotti, will be popular.