2 pounds assorted mushrooms (domestic, shiitake, oyster mix), brushed clean and sliced thin
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
6 ounces butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 quart chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
Truffle oil (optional)
1) Heat oil over medium heat, add garlic and mushrooms. Sauté 10 minutes.
2) Add butter, then flour, and mix until all ingredients are combined, about 3 minutes.
3) Add chicken broth with a whisk, mixing until smooth. Simmer 10 minutes, whisking every few minutes so it does not stick to the pan. Turn off the heat.
4) Allow the soup to cool a bit, for safety before the next step.
5) In a blender, purée the soup in batches. Start blender on low and gradually move to high. Purée on high until very smooth. Then it’s ready to serve.
6) Optional, drizzle a little truffle oil on topClick here to leave a comment